Sandro Queirós is a PhD student in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Minho. He is currently working in his PhD thesis in a collaborative project between ICVS/3B’s, KU Leuven and the Algoritmi Center. He received the MSc. degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Minho and his main research focus is on medical image processing, particularly in image segmentation, and biomedical applications.
2014-Present: "Towards Smarter Cardiac Interventional Navigation using MRI-derived Personalized Models for RT 3D Ultrasound Interpretation" (EXPL/BBB-BMD/2473/2013);2014-Present: "Digital Impression System for Dental Prosthesis" (EXPL/BBB-BMD/2146/2013);
2013/2014: "Quid Box - Quick User Interface Device";
2013/2014: "Hand tracking glove";
2012/2013: "3D pectus system: automatic and personalized molding/bending of surgical prosthesis with embedded stabilizers, without radiation, and virtual simulation of the postsurgical costemit outcome" (PTDC/SAU-BEB/103368/2008).
2012: Research Student Fellow under the project: "Software de controlo e monitorização da dobragem da prótese cirúrgica com fixadores acoplados para a correcção do pectus excavatum" (PTDC/SAU-BEB/103368/2008) - Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS) - Health Sciences School, University of Minho.
Honors and Prizes
2015: - "Best Engineering Student Award" by the portuguese Order of Engineers and University of Minho.
2014: - Portuguese Science Foundation (FCT) PhD scholarship;
- CES 2014 Innovations Awards: Home AV Components Finalist;
- CES 2014 Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree;2012: - "Merit Scholarship" by University of Minho;
2012: - "Caixa Geral de Depósitos Award" by Caixa Geral de Depósitos and University of Minho;2011: - "Merit Scholarship" by University of Minho;
2011: - "Almedina Merit Award" by Almedina bookstore and University of Minho;
2010: - "Merit Scholarship" by University of Minho;
- "Merit Diploma" by University of Minho;
2009: - "Merit Diploma" by University of Minho;
- "Almedina Merit Award" by Almedina bookstore and University of Minho;
2008: - "Merit Diploma" by Portuguese Ministry of Education and Science, and Escola Secundária Carlos Amarante.
- S. Queirós, D. Barbosa, B. Heyde, P. Morais, J. L. Vilaça, D. Friboulet, O. Bernard, and J. D’hooge, "Fast automatic myocardial segmentation in 4D cine CMR datasets," Medical image analysis, vol. 18, pp. 1115-1131, 2014.
- S. Queirós, D. Barbosa, B. Heyde, P. Morais, D. Fibroulet, P. Claus, O. Bernard and J. D’hooge, “Fast fully automatic segmentation of the myocardium in 2D cine MR images“, in Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH2013), 2013, pp. 71-79.
- P. Morais, B. Heyde, D. Barbosa, S. Queirós, P. Claus, and J. D’hooge, “Cardiac motion and deformation estimation from tagged MRI sequences using a temporal coherent image registration framework”, in Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH2013), 2013, pp. 316-324.
- A. H. Moreira, S. Queirós, N. F. Rodrigues, A. Pinho, J. C. Fonseca, and J. L. Vilaça, "An electromagnetic tracker system for the design of a dental superstructure," Biodental Engineering III, p. 137, 2014.
- S. Queiros, J. L. Vilaça, N. F. Rodrigues, S. C. Neves, P. M. Teixeira, and J. Correia-Pinto, "A laparoscopic surgery training interface," in Serious Games and Applications for Health (SeGAH), 2011 IEEE 1st International Conference on, 2011, pp. 1-7.