- core facility
Liliana holds a BSc degree in Biochemistry and a MSc degree in Forensic Genetics. While concluding her PhD studies in Health Sciences, she started working as facility manager of the ICVS’s Microscopy and Imaging scientific platform, maintaining the microscopy equipment platform up-to-date, training the new users in both regular and advanced optical microscopy also providing scientific and technical support to the users in imaging acquisition and study design.
Liliana also collaborates in two projects of the Portuguese Roadmap of Research Infrastructures, the Portuguese Platform of BioImaging (PPBI) and the PT-OPENSCREEN consortia, helping in the managing of the projects and communication with the other stakeholders. On that scope, Liliana also participated in the process of integration of these two national consortia in their respective European networks, the European –BioImaging (Eu-BI) and EU-OPENSCREEN.
During the pandemic crisis, Liliana participated in the set-up and certification of COVID-19 diagnosis at ICVS.
Implementation and Certification of COVID-19 diagnosis at ICVS, School of Medicine, University of Minho (NORTE-01-0145-FEDER-072555).
– Implementation, development and managment of the National Research Infrastructures projects Portuguese Platform of BioImaging (PPBI, POCI-01-0145-FEDER-022122) and PT-OPENSCREEN (NORTE-01-0145-FEDER-085468)
– Teixeira‐Castro A, Jalles A, Esteves, S, Kang S, da Silva Santos L, Silva‐Fernandes A, Neto MF,
Brielmann RM, BessaC, Duarte‐Silva S, Miranda A, Oliveira S, Neves‐Carvalho A, Bessa J,
Summavielle T, Silverman RB, Oliveira P, Morimoto RI, Maciel P. Serotonergic signalling
suppresses ataxin 3 aggregation and Neurotoxicity in animal models of Machado‐Joseph
disease. Brain, 2015.138(Pt 11): p. 3221‐37
– Coutinho MF, Da Silva Santos L, Girisha KM, Lacerda L, Prata MJ, Alves S (2012) Mucolipidosis Type
II α/β with a Homozygous Missense Mutation in the GNPTAB Gene. American Journal of
– Coutinho MF; da Silva Santos L; Lacerda L; Wibrand F; Lund AM; Johansen KB; Prata MJ; Alves S
(2011) Alu-Alu recombination underlying the first large genomic deletion in GlcNAcphosphotransferase
a/b (GNPTAB) gene in a ML II a/b patient. Journal of Inherited Metabolic
Diseases. 4, 117-124
– van Asch B, Silva Santos L, Carneiro J, Pereira F, Amorim A (2011) Identification of mtDNA lineages
of Sus scrofa by multiplex single base extension for the authentication of processed food
products. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 59(13):6920-6
– van Asch B, Pereira F, da Silva Santos L, Carneiro J, Santos N, Amorim A (2010) Mitochondrial
lineages reveal intense gene flow between Iberian wild boars and South Iberian pig breeds.
Animal Genetics. 43, 35–41
– Coutinho MF, Encarnação M, Gomes R, da Silva Santos L, Martins, Sirois-Gagnon D, Bargal R,
Filocamo M, Raas-Rothschild A, Tappino B, Laprise C, Kampf Cury G, Schwartz IV, Artigalás O, Prata
MJ, Alves S (2010) Origin and spread of a common deletion causing mucolipidosis type II:I3
insights from patterns of haplotypic diversity. Clinical Genetics. 80(3):273-80
– van Asch B, Alves C, Santos L, Pinheiro R, Pereira F, Gusmão L, Amorim A (2010) Genetic profiles
and sex identification of found-dead wolves determined by the useof an 11-loci PCR
multiplex. Forensic Science International Genetics. 4(2): 68- 72.G3